A Fixed Deposit will deposit a certain amount of money with a financial institution for a fixed term at a predetermined rate. You are given the option of receiving interest income on a monthly, quarterly, biannually and annually, at interest rates higher than banks.
Why opt for Fixed Deposits?
• If your risk appetite is low, fixed deposits are perfect for you. Since most of the instruments are rated, fixed deposits have a very high safety level.
• Attractive returns at interest rates higher than banks.
• You get a stable and fixed source of income.
• Interest rates are even higher for senior citizens.
• High liquidity
• You have the potential to earn compounding interest on your money by reinvesting the principal amount along with the interest earned.
• Flexible tenure – there are various tenures ranging from 1 to 7 years.
• You can receive interest frequently; most issuers will offer monthly, quarterly, bi annual and annual cumulative deposits.